- We were able to switch to a fully digital format when the church was closed and many new people were introduced to our church online
- We’ve welcomed several new members this year
- We’ve successfully launched Connect Groups, which are thriving all around SWFL
- We've been able to return to many of our pre-Covid ministries here on campus and throughout the community
- Our finances are stable and, given all the disruptions, we are only slightly lower in contributions than pre COVID, which is a testimony to God’s provision and your faithfulness!
- AND- we’re grateful and thrilled to be on track to pay off our campus mortgage in 2021, only 5 years after opening at our current location, PRAISE GOD!
We’ve also had a major disruption in Senior leadership which has given us the opportunity to pause and reflect on how we will move forward and who the Lord would have lead through this next season of ministry. The best way to do that is to engage in a process of reflection and self examination as a church. The optimum way to do that is to bring in someone to lead us through that process. Recently, the senior pastor search committee resigned as a group in order to show unity in their desire to do what was best for the church and to pave the way for a part-time transitional pastor to be brought in by the Session. This is something strongly recommended by our denomination and by those who have navigated these waters in previous times. I am really excited to engage in this process. When it is completed and the church is ready for receiving a new senior pastor, another search committee will be elected by the congregation.
During that time, I’m committed to remaining here at New Hope as your Associate Pastor and will continue to be the primary teaching pastor during this transitional phase we’re now experiencing. This transitional phase we’re in is a very good thing as it allows us time to pause, heal, think, plan, pray, and in all ways unite around the Ephesians 3:20-21 things God has in store for New Hope!
I’m enthusiastic about ministry here at New Hope, moving our church forward with our vision and values and building a strong church community. Our mission remains, we’re continuing to live out the Gospel TOGETHER as we look towards the coming months and years, what a wonderful time to be a part of our church family!
Peace & Blessings,