Dear Church Family,
We are planning to return to our regular worship service offerings beginning the week of July 19. There will be two on campus worship services on Sundays with the traditional service at 9am and the contemporary service at 11am, and we will no longer be meeting on Thursday evenings. The last two Thursday service experiences will be July 9 and July 16, both with the traditional service at 5pm and the contemporary service at 7pm. We will continue to offer an online worship experience as well. We are able to safely accommodate those wishing to attend an in person service between the weekly traditional and contemporary times just on Sundays. For now, all early childhood, children’s and student ministries as well as adult Sunday school classes are continuing not to meet here on campus, but staff and session are working on plans to reopen those groups in the future. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Pastor Eddie, Pastor Mike or any of our Elders. We are excited and looking forward to seeing you on campus in the coming weeks!
Great Peace in the Lord!
ON CAMPUS SERVICES FAQs
When does New Hope gather together on campus?
Thursdays (Through July 16)
5pm: Traditional Service
7pm: Contemporary Service
9am: Traditional Service
11am: Contemporary Service
All services will feature the same sermon.
Will we immediately jump back into our old schedule?
We are continuing to take into consideration guidelines set federally and locally, as well as the recommendation of our leadership team. For now, only worship services will be offered on campus. Sunday school classes, small group Bible studies, all children’s events and group meetings will not take place at New Hope.
Will we continue sharing the services online?
YES! Traditional and contemporary worship services will still be available here to view online each week. Also, several small groups, Sunday school classes and Bible studies have still been meeting virtually throughout this time and plan to continue.
Who should come to in person worship services?
Based on recommendations from the CDC, the following people groups are considered high risk and discouraged from attending:
• People aged 65 or older
• People who are immunocompromised, have asthma, chronic lung disease, diabetes, liver disease, blood disorders or serious heart conditions
• Anyone displaying cold/flu symptoms or having experienced a fever in the previous 14 days
What measures have been taken in anticipation of reopening?
• The entire sanctuary has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized
• We’ll have hand sanitizer available for use
• The staff and elders have spent a significant amount of time researching, discussing and formulating a plan to reopen in the safest way possible and taken into consideration how we can gather in the safest possible way
• All ushers, greeters and volunteers will be provided gloves and masks, which they will wear.
How will we ensure that we are following the suggested guidelines?
• We have set up 112 chairs in the sanctuary, 25% capacity, spaced for social distancing and will only be able to accommodate that amount of people at each service. Because of this, we will be adding additional traditional and contemporary services
• There will not be any coffee, water or lemonade stations or any type of food distributed
• Masks are recommended for each person attending. They are required if a person is responding during the service either via liturgy or singing. Singing has been shown to transmit the COVID-19 virus.
• We will not be distributing a bulletin, using the friendship pads or passing an offering plate. You can see the bulletins here to view on your device during service or to print at home and bring with you to service
• Offerings may be deposited in the locked boxes set up in the lobby or you can click here to give online
• The facilities team will sanitize door handles and bathrooms during and between services
• Following each service, the ushers, safety team and facility team will realign the chairs for the next service. There will be blue tape on the floor to expedite this process
• Bathroom usage will be limited to four individuals at a time
What about Early Childhood, Elementary and Student Ministry?
No group gatherings for children aged birth thru high school will be taking place at this time. Social distancing is difficult for adults and impossible for our younger participants. Families are welcome to bring their children to a regular church service and sit together. We will continue to monitor the situation and look forward to continuing activities for our kiddos in a safe, fun environment,
It is our priority as Session and staff to serve our congregation as best as we can! We move forward with this plan after lots of consideration, prayer, and conversation. Please reach out to Pastor Eddie or Pastor Mike with any concerns you have. We continue to pray for our nation, government leaders, frontline healthcare workers and congregation as we navigate this situation.